This spring, Karl Hyde of Underworld will be releasing his debut solo album, “Edgeland.” Hyde worked with multi-instrumentalist and producer Leo Abrahams on the album, and is currently rehearsing with a new band to perform the material live. “Edgeland” will be out in Japan on April 10 and the rest of the world on April 22nd. Physical copies can currently be pre-ordered at the underworldlive shop.
Karl Hyde to release first solo album
Originally published in 2013
Other recent interviews
- The Use: Electronic musician Michael Durek interviewed about the making of WHAT'S THE USE and his general creative process.
- Simple Minds: Jim Kerr talks about "Big Music," the new album from Simple Minds that rivals any previous work from their long career.
- Digitalism: Jens 'Jence' Moelle and Ismail 'Isi' Tufekci of German band Digitalism discuss their ever-changing electronic sound.
- KMFDM: Sascha Konietzko talks about the new KMFDM album, "Our Time Will Come," the upcoming KMFDM sound library, and more.
- Knox Chandler: Knox Chandler combines improvised guitar with extensive audio manipulation to create unique real-time soundscapes.